Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outsource

Starting to feel at home...

Outsource

Has anyone any hired anyone else to watch the kids for you? Is it allowed under Ministry guidelines? I have talked to all parents and they know the caregiver I'm thinking about. She's been my assistant in the past and is known and trusted by me, the parents and the kids love her! Thanks in advance for any knowledge on this issue.

Euphoric !
    Do you mean for a one-off appointment or do you mean for a longer break such as a week off?

On and off, for appointments, etc.. And perhaps a week off as well.

Outgoing
    Yes. But I made sure she has first aid cpr, police check and knows my policies in case of an emergency. I had introduced to the parents either all this back up inf. And they were ok with that.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 11-22-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulbird View Post
    Yes. But I made sure she has first aid cpr, and knows my policies in case of an emergency. I had introduced to the parents either all this back up inf. And they were ok with that.
    Did the ministry ask for her name and any other info?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearlessbaby View Post
    Did the ministry ask for her name and any other info?
    Think about this "we are working with the most vulnerable sector of our society, children"

The ministry would like to know it if you're working through an agency, they have their own policies to follow. (They also ask, references, first aid cpr and police check)
    But, if you privately operate it also is a good idea to ask for at least first aid cpr. And police clearance In the event of something happening you could be liable because, basically the parents have signed a contract with you. Leaving their children under your responsibility, which in turn you as a responsible person will make sure those children are kept under another responsible adult from time to time with their approval and authorization.

I had left my group with supply teachers (all papers in order), who ever wanted to work with me as a support had to come to meet the children and get to know them while I was here and eventually I started leaving the group from time to time.

I have also paid a regular teachers fee (to be honest my reputation and keeping my group safe, is priceless). Then I was able to do things out of house. My group of parents felt that I took the same safety measures they took when looking for childcare.

For short appointments or visits to the doctors etc. I leave my group with my husband and my daughter (they also have their police clearance and first aid cpr), the families know them very well.

I'm also very sensitive of new parents so they have the choice arriving late when I'm back or the next day. It is up to them. But I did my part.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 11-22-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks for the useful advice and I agree 100%. I wouldn't entrust children to anyone I felt wasn't totally trustworthy.