Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    A question to Cfred.

I've noticed that the so called advocates for "better childcare", have moved on and are sending letters at a federal level (Trudeau), would that affect in the decision making process for us in Ontario? We are only asking the 3 under 3's and caregivers 4 and 5 yo not being included.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulbird View Post
    A question to Cfred.

I've noticed that the so called advocates for "better childcare", have moved on and are sending letters at a federal level (Trudeau), would that affect in the decision making process for us in Ontario? We are only asking the 3 under 3's and caregivers 4 and 5 yo not being included.
    Can u share where u noticed this? Tx

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulbird View Post
    A question to Cfred.

As far as I understand it, the ins and outs of childcare are left to each province to sort out. They are looking for more federal funding and, of course, looking to get UCC going. We are fine with UCC, but would like to be included in it, of course. The licensed sector will always fight us on that - they don't want to share funding and want a monopoly on the market. Ignore them and carry on. The Federal Election is coming up, so they're likely looking to secure some campaign promises. Be advised that I don't follow Federal politics at all....I'm up to my neck in Provincial and have had my fill for a while. I remain unconcerned about our changes being in jeopardy. We have a majority government that supports us. Our chances are very good - we are actively holding the PC government to promises made when we supported their campaign. We also discovered that we have a very unexpected ally in the MOE, which blew my mind! I'm feeling very positive that our changes will be made. In addition, we're striving toward a provincial registry with mandatory safety standards, professional development opportunities and mandatory childcare workshops.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Can u share where u noticed this? Tx
    I've been seeing it a lot through the OCBCC, HCCAO, etc. Any of the lobby groups will be on the same track.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Appears this passed in early April.
    I am unsure what this means for numbers though and counting your own children anyone able to give quick run down?

The changes passed Royal Assent on April 3, 2019

They come into effect on:

As of July 1, 2019
    - a provider in Ontario can have three (3) children under two (2) years old in care at any one time.
    - a providers own children no longer count as of their 4th birthday at any time of the year, with no restrictions.

As of September 1, 2019
    - a providers own children age 3.8yrs (turning 4 between Sept 2019 and Dec 2019) no longer counts in her numbers at any time, with no restrictions.

Private providers can STILL only have a max of 5 daycare children plus their own children 4yrs +.
    Agency providers can STILL only have a max of 6 daycare children plus their own children 4yrs +.
    ALL providers - own children STILL count if they are under 4 yrs old.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Appreciate the quick reply.
    My son is currently 4 (birthday in Jan) so he would currently still count in my numbers until Sept 1?

Never mind re-read your posting and he is not counted as of July 1. Appreciate the information.
    Last edited by paramehdic; 04-16-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Outgoing
    I think this should help dc providers with enrolment except now ive heard many students enrolled in teacher programs will turn to operating a daycare business due to teacher hiring freeze. It's always something.

Outgoing
    [QUOTEI think this should help dc providers with enrolment except now ive heard many students enrolled in teacher programs will turn to operating a daycare business due to teacher hiring freeze. It's always something.][/QUOTE]

Hi. I think it is actually better for our sector. "Independent", I'm tired of hea ring continuously in the media how our sector doesn't have the qualifications or experience or childcare knowledge etc.

Obviously not true, many of us carry profesional certifications. I think, if we have more profesional representation in our sector would work best in our favor.

Many children and parents wI'll keep benefiting of profesional, independent entrepreneurs homedaycare operators, the populations continues increasing and there is room for everyone to be part of it.��

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    QUOTE: Hi. I think it is actually better for our sector. "Independent", I'm tired of hea ring continuously in the media how our sector doesn't have the qualifications or experience or childcare knowledge etc.

Obviously not true, many of us carry profesional certifications. I think, if we have more profesional representation in our sector would work best in our favor.

Many children and parents wI'll keep benefiting of profesional, independent entrepreneurs homedaycare operators, the populations continues increasing and there is room for everyone to be part of it.��[/QUOTE]

____________________ ____________________ ____________________ ______

Oh true, I didn't think of it as a better representation of professionals in our sector - just as more competition ! It'll be a far cry from what they could have earned as a teacher but some may not have a choice.
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 04-17-2019 at 07:34 AM.