Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Another Policy Question!

I have spent so much time on my policies but I really want to be sure I don't forget anything!

My question this time is:

How do you include in your policy walks around the neighborhood, going to the local park, playground etc.

I really want to save my behind here. Do I need to have a field trip permission form anytime we go to the local park?

I am becoming Licensed but unfortunately my licensing co-coordinator has not been very helpful. She is much too busy for me! I want to have everything ready so when she does have time for me, I am hoping to have everything in order.

Thanks in advance!
    Sheena

I have a sheet with all of my permissions on them. Sunscreen, taking photos, confidentiality, and outings ON FOOT. If it's anything more than a walk in the neighbourhood I make up a field trip form with room for all of the parents signatures. (on the same page)
    Honestly your home visitor should have all of these forms FOR you - that's why you are paying to be with an agency.
    Not the babysitter!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VictoriaChildCare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If you are becoming licensed the agency will have their own policies. You can use your trip form to have the parents sign a blanket statement that basically says you can take the kids anywhere during the day that you can walk to. Any time you will be taking them in your vehicle you need the parents to sign another form.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

I'm in Manitoba so it's not an agency, it's the government. We have such a high demand for Daycare here yet they have been so discouraging. I have basically found all of the information on my own. They ARE supposed to supply me with all of this information, but it just hasn't happened yet. She has not even done her first visit to my home, has never even met me. She's fully aware that my first child starts next month! Gotta love the government