I have a 3 year old girl in my care that I am having a struggle with. She has been potty training for a very long time, parents say she is 100% at home with no accidents and can go out on errands and visits without trouble. Here at daycare, she shows zero interest in using the potty, no initiating at all. I have been asking her to try potty 6-8 times a day, hoping she will catch some success then she would be eager for more. but I can sit her on the potty, then 10 minutes late she pees her pants. she is not bothered at all by her accidents, she just changes her pants and carries on. if I dont tell her to try potty, she doesnt, she just pees her pants. Her parents feel she must be uncomfortable. I dont know how i am to make her more comfortable. the bathroom is bright and open, very accessible. i have a potty seat and stool
This child really has no interest in using the potty here, she is the oldest in my care right now so the only one. I have tried to give lots of praise and encouragement, but feel like its falling flat.
I have never had little ones so uninterested. usually after a couple happy pee in the potty dances they are happy to go
any ideas