Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Childbirth & Vacation Days

I have a parent who is due in a couple of months & will be having a scheduled c-section & they are wanting to use their vacation days for her recovery time, & my concern is with when & how they want it to begin.

I have in my handbook that to use their unpaid 2 week vacation time I have to be given a minimum of 2 weeks notice. Since mom has a scheduled c-section date, she said her midwife said it could also be before that scheduled date, & mom is not wanting her vacation time to start on a specific date. She is wanting DCG to come right until whatever date they give her (she might not know until a few days before), & she has given me a general week of when it could be without a specific date. This could get very confusing in terms of payments, as payments are made every 2 weeks to cover the following 2 weeks of care. If I allowed mom to take her vacation time on the spot with almost no notice (could be a couple of days), then this could make invoices very confusing for the month of May.

I have never experienced a situation like this the few months I’ve been open. Part of me feels like I should allow her to just begin her vacation time on the spot & to be compassionate since it’s a significant moment in their lives, but the other part of me wants to tell her that she cannot use it on the spot, & that it would have to begin on a specific date. I have been kind in the past with this family on a few occasions in the beginning & I was taken advantage of.

What would you guys do?
    Last edited by wpgmomma0412; 03-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.