Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Dayhome with two providers

Ok so I have my Ece lv1 and. Currently have a dayhome in Saskatchewan. I’m planning on moving to Calgary and at the end of the summer and want to open a day home with my little sister out of her house. My question is how many children can we take care of as an unlicensed today home and when conducting business day to day what tax preparation do I do and she does.

Euphoric !
    I believe only Ontario has a two provider model. Every other province is specific in that an additional carer does NOT allow an increase in numbers.

Outgoing
    Hi. Ontario doesn't have either. It has been on the table for negociation and currently this is not anymore a priority discussion subject. There are too many considerations to go ahead with this plan. (It seems also too complicated, mainly due to liability issues).

The regulations do not restrict of two or three providers working in a house but only with a total ratio of 5 children (private home daycares) or 6 omly children (if associated with an agency).

Ontario caregivers are currently struggling to fill up spots, especially with the only two under two's regulation and caregivers own 4 and 5 years olds are counted in the ratio.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post: