Hello,

Anyone here take only 2 weeks off approximately after giving birth and remain open? If yes, I would love to hear your experience and any advice you may have.

Here is my situation. I am currently pregnant with my 2nd. I'm very early but fingers crossed that in October I will have a newborn while running the daycare. I'm very nervous about this as this will be my first baby born in my home daycare. I started my home daycare after my mat leave was done for my son. He is now 3.5 so he will be in school come September. I do have a plan. My mom will be living with us (as she lives out of town) from September and will be helping out/learning about running the daycare. She will be here in case I go into labour prior to me scheduled C section. She will also be living with us until the end of December helping out with the daycare and newborn. My husband is also self employed and will be able to help out with meals and clean up, etc. He is great with the kids as well. I plan on taking 2 weeks off post birth. I would love to take more time off to recover and bond with baby but with me being the main breadwinner in the family, I just can't afford to take more time off or risk losing a family.

Does anyone have experience running a daycare with a newborn only a couple of weeks old? I know it won't be easy as I will be sleep deprived and recovering from c-section. My son was such an easy baby but I'm scared about this one being collicky. I would love to hear from some experienced ladies about what else I should expect. Do you have any tips for me?

TIA