Hi everyone,

I officially open up my family daycare next week with a part time and later a full time child will be attending. One is younger than my son and another is just a bit older. My son will be 2 in about a month or so.

My question is what can I do to help him transition to other children coming into the home to play, eat, sleep? We don't have a lot of play dates with anyone but he does have one friend he enjoys. I make sure at some point the families I interview meet my son but he is not there for the entire interview. When he sees them he gets so upset. One stayed for a while as she is a friend of mine and it took over half hour before he calmed down fully. I understand there will be a transition and I have been talking to him about other children coming to play and eat snack and lunch with him and having a sleep here, which his response is no most times but sometimes he goes uhmmm. I think may be it will just take time but I don't like to see him so upset and I don't want other parents to be worried either.

Any ideas and tips would be most appreciated
Thanks you!
By the way I am fully qualified registered Early Childhood Educator worked in many centres. Family daycare is a new adventure for me which I am excited about