Hi I'm a newbie! thanks Heavens I found one forum like this. I have been thinking if ECE is really for me. i have been into the business sector before I moved to Canada. But while waiting for our visa (which took 5 yrs to process), I thought of changing career - teaching. I took the board exam for teachers and passed it. Then I taught in the university.
When I came here, I found out that it takes sweat and blood before one can get certified as a teacher. Since I really love to be in the education sector, I tried ECE. Who knows I might like it in the end. I am on-call assistant in one of the govt owned daycare and taking full time ECE at night.
I don't find hard until I got hired in one daycare where children are 1-2. I/T that is!
It was a riot all the time for 4 days. And i only lasted for 4 days in that daycare. This gives me another second thought! Is this career really for me? I can be ok with the 3-6, but the I/T, it gives me a shiver to my spine!
I believe in the saying : "everything happens for a reason". I don't know why this is happening, maybe for a reason. So I just let destiny lead me to where I will be in the future.