Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Warning Letter or Termination Letter? Hmmm HELP!

I need some advice!

In the past 6 years of running a daycare I have never came across this type of issue. There are 2 problems- the child and the family.

First issue, and to be honest the biggest one. The mom and dad of the child have a toxic relationship. He is a dry drunk and she is a "right" fighter. The mom brings all her issues to drop off and pickup. Every week it is something new. I find that she is spending an hour after pickup to yap about the drama she has going on at home. Months before I had to make my personal cell phone the daycare phone because she calls everyday all hours of the day. if i ignore my cell she would call my home line and let it ring off the hook. I get that she is needing a friend but I cant keep dealing with her personal issues.

Second issue, is her chld who is now acting out due to the crazy drama at home. She has been pushing, kicking and biting the smaller children in our daycare. After a month her child seemed to be doing better but now that a baby has joined our group she has started biting again. This child is almost 3 years old.

Did I mention she also bad mouths my employee? Treating her like she is too young to be in charge of 6 kids...she is 26! I just feel like she is condacending towards her when she is really doing an awesome job.

Is this ground for termination? What would you do? Kinda frustrated with it all. I dont think I can take much more of her drama or excuses when it comes to discussing her childs behaviour. What are your thoughts? What would you do? Any examples on how to write up a warning letter based on her daughters behaviour?
    Last edited by Beanie83; 08-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.