I have an almost-4yr-old girl coming since last April, so almost 18 mos she has been with me. She has NEVER cried during drop off with either mom or dad EXCEPT starting on Friday, then again yesterday. I knew this would continue as long as the parent feeds into her crying and whining and they did; on Friday, mom stayed 20 minutes to try to calm her, of course it didnt work, just prolonged it. then Dad stayed almost 10 minutres yesterday hugging her in his arms etc.
I think it is just a new 'phase' and her coping with the fact she will be in school soon and she realizes what happens when she does act like this, she gets loads of cuddles and snuggles from Mom or Dad and shes loving it.
She told me on Friday that she is like a baby at home and that is why she is crying when her mommy drops her off here. She is VERY VERY babied at home. Just got into a big girl bed from a crib last month, still has a soother at bedtime (not here for nap however), a little stuffed animal she drags around EVERYWHERE here, she cannot drink from a big girl cup, she can hardly use cutlery, has very little confidence for doing things for herself etc. Just amazing for a 4 year old. anyways....
Mom send me a text msg this morning saying she talked to her daughter last night adn the reason she is crying at dropoff now is because she doesnt like my son, "Timmy". she says Timmy never shares and always grabs toys from her. Timmy is 28 months old.
Asking me if maybe I can help out with this to make it "easier" on her.
I sent a msg back saying that they are 2 years old, they ALL have sharing issues, always have with a house full of toddlers. Not sure why this is something new for her to be upset about.
My son is by no means an aggressor, but DOES have problems sharing his own toys which would be natural. He is by far the most disceplined one of my bunch, I will be first to admit that, and the parents see his behaviour at d/o and p/u. He is wild to say the least, but not out to hurt people, he has never bitten or slapped or hit anyone, he is just a toy hoarder. This little girl is certainley no saint when it comes to playing nicely, and I would say that all the kids have their equal shares in the time out corner as a result.

I try not to be peeved when I recieved this message this morning, as it is my own son she is blaming for her daughters 'baby issues', nor do I believe this is what is making her start this behaviour all of a sudden.

Any suggestions on how to approach mom and dad without me having to spell it out to them to stop coddling their 4 year old?
Anyone else have any idea what could be making this girl suddenly start this behaviour? Nothing major has changed here, not sure with her parents, they are split and they share equal custody. Always have since Ive started care.