Hey guys!
Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to how to handle a 5 yr old girl who tattle tales on EVERYTHING and makes things up/over exaggerates? And also on how to deal with a 10 yr old boy who is always trying to instigate the other kids.

I read somewhere on here to try and ask 'Are you telling me this to try and get ______ in trouble or are you telling me to help them?' So far that has not worked very well as she just looks at me and turns away (which perhaps this is good bc it's making her think of what she is telling me). The majority of the time it really is nothing (someone grazed her arm and she says they pushed her or someone took a toy from someone else - and neither of the other kids really care that the toy was taken away in the first place). I've also tried talking to her and explaining that she should not make things up bc then it's hard to know what is truth and what is not.

The 10 yr old just tries to tease/instigate arguments with everyone (from stealing their seats, trying to bribe them to give them their toys, calls names (e.g you're mean), all the way to telling the other kids to do things that will cause problems - like 'hey Joe, Sara put her toy down you should grab it' and then poop hits the fan. I've tried having so many conversation with him explaining that he needs to be the example especially bc he is so much older than the other kids. But it hasn't done much either.

Both kids have been with me for a handful of months and I'm just not sure what to do with them anymore as it seems that if it's not the one calling my name and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. Then I am busy asking the other to stop bugging the other kids. I understand kids will be kids but it's constant and so draining when they are here.

Thanks for your help!