Hi Everyone,
I am very new to Daycare bear but am in desperate need of some guidance. I have been doing home care for just over a year. I have had one little girl in my care that has been more than a handful. About 8 months ago she started biting. She has bitten everyone in my care (several times) and I see that the parents of the little ones getting bit are getting quite upset. I do my best to be there and stop the biting before it starts. I have deflected about 98% of the attempts but there are a few that have squeaked through. I am only human. I just wondered what does everyone else do with biters? I have been consistent in the obvious methods of redirecting the frustration. Giving consistent time outs. Separating her from the other children when she is having a frustrated morning. But my other parents are getting upset. Who would blame them? I have four other children in my care and they are just amazing children. They have never shown any aggression to this child. She bites only out of frustration. When she wants something and can't have it at the moment she wants it. Her language is behind and I know this has a lot to do with it as she is learning two languages simultaneously. But what would and have you done when you have had a biter. I feel so bad for my other children that are getting hurt and feel that I am not doing a good enough job at protecting them.........I need some honest advice PLEASE??????