To give a little back ground here my own 2 children were fabulous eaters & by the time they were 12 months old they were using utensils themselves & eating the same meals as my husband & I....very very lucky I know

I have a 12 month old dcg who will hold & eat crackers, wheat cookies, Mum-Mums & cheese. This part is fabulous

However; if you offer her food either mashed or with lumps in it, she spits it out, mushes it all over her high chair table & point blank refuses to eat it. Offer her pureed food & she'll eat it straight up.

I've tried to offer her other finger foods & if they are juicy or slimy in any way shape or form she won't pick them up. I offered her a sliced cooked carrot today (me holding it ) & as soon as it touch her tongue she pushed it back out of her mouth

I've also started offering her food in the same type of bowl etc as the other DCK's so as to make her feel involved with everyone. I have to hold the bowl down (gently of course) otherwise this gets launched across the room too.

I've stopped offering her the food she will eat first, in an attempt to see if she will try the other food out of hunger. She just won't go for it. I end up giving in & giving her the pureed food otherwise lunchtime will last hours. & that's not fair on anyone.

Her parents desperately want to move her onto the next stage of eating (they provide her the food in the week, so I get to see what she is being offered at home too). I guess perseverance is one of the keys.

Any ideas of food I can offer her to help with this & tips to encourage her on?