so...this morning at drop off the dcm of my 5-yr old dcg was VERY upset that she had had a nap the other day. all kids go down for quiet time, and i never tell her that she has to NAP, but of course she told her mom that i said she HAD to nap. dcg didn't fall asleep until after 11pm and had kindie the next day. so...dcm said this morning that she didn't call me because she was "very upset", and that "she CAN'T NAP", and that lately she feels her dd is an inconvenience to me. the fact is, i recently took on two little ones, and my days are much busier with the bigger group, and this child is my oldest. her parents want me to have her ready for gymnastics (or remind her to get ready and remind her to PEE!!!...she's 5!!!), they failed to let me know TWICE in one week that she was not coming due to illness...i had to call the dcm to ask if she was coming...which if i have a walk or outing planned ties us all down...one day i DID have an outing planned and dcd informed me that morning that he would be picking her up late morning for doctor appt. we went on our walk as planned and he came and found us, picked her up, fed her lunch. up until now i have not had a policy book in place. this is a large part of the problem and my fault. this family has been with me for four years and dcg is finished for good at the end of june. i feel so frustrated and more than a little upset, but i know it's just for a little longer. at the same time, i hate to see things end on a sour note. this morning i tried to tell mom that all kids NEED quiet time so i can have a break...more needed now with the extra little ones, and that even a kid sitting at the table coloring and watching me move around doesn't feel like a 'break'. we didn't resolve anything as another parent walked in to drop off. i hate this kind of start to the day!!!! oh. and when i told her she didn't understand the need for a break, she promptly told me that she had worked in a daycare for YEARS!
WWYD? just smooth things over and make it as painless as possible for the next month? try to work things out with dcm?