I had a lady call me at 6:15 am (I just had my only early starter arrive I thought her mom forgot to tell me something) and ask me about my rates. She told me I was too expensive said thank you and hung up. I was just barely awake and was dumbstruck.

She "accidentally" called me again at 1:30ish and hung up so I called her back. She apologized for calling me again and then told me she was the lady that called this morning about daycare. I decided to ask her if she is looking for care as I have a summer position open she said yes and would I be willing to reduce my rate as she has 2 kids and doesn't like them to eat food not from their home I said I would reduce by $5 per kid but that was it. She said I was still too expensive, so I asked her how much she is paying now and she didn't want to tell me but I pushed (I knew nothing would ever come out of this phone call job wise!).

GET THIS!!!!! SHE PAYS $20 A DAY FOR 2 KIDS!!!!!!

I laughed at her and said that was unbelievable and good luck, good bye and hung up.
I want to know who her provider is and how she is maintaining a home and putting food on the table for her own family or is this another case of 25 kids in the house!

I regularly go through the postings and make sure I am not out of the ball park on rates and so far I have always been on par with the average.