I have been doing daycare for 7 years and have always had a dedicated playroom as I love to shut the door on it at the end of a busy day. I moved to my new, bigger place, same town, in August 2012 with the plan to finish my basement for the daycare. The temporary solution for my daycare while this was happening was to use the master bedroom as the daycare room and the dining room as my bedroom as the dining room barely fits a queen bed so not big enough for the daycare kids. It was only supposed to be for a few months but ultimately it has been 13 months.

Upon moving in we decided not to start till after Xmas as we were busy unpacking and getting settled in. Then in December I lost half my daycare kids so could no longer afford to do the basement. We reworked our plans and decided to put the room on the main floor which would mean knocking the laundry roman and dining room into one, giving a space about 17x12. Well for so many reasons this has been delayed time and again.

Well after all of these delays it is finally happening. My garage is full of timber and drywall and Saturday 8am demolition gets under way. I am so excited not only to have the new daycare space but to finally have my big master bedroom. Bed is ordered, bookshelves and comfy chairs have been purchased and this weekend while the fellas are working I am shopping for new bedding, curtains, and a desk for the room. I will for sure post before and after pictures of the project including the current daycare space too.