Hi everyone,
I have a 2.5 yr old DCG who's mom wants me to force her to sit on the toilet.
I have told her mom that I do not want to cause unnecessary emotional distress and that I think my reward system (stickers) and encouragement will work in Time.
I also do not think it is my place to use such a harsh method seeing as I am not the parent.

You see, Originally I had volunteered to work with her as things are slow at my daycare, and they hadn't started her training yet but wanted to.
DCG was ready and excited to use the potty and things were going well.
In fact, DCG was doing great just last week- at my house she had two pees on the potty on her last day with me and no accidents.

Over the weekend her mom admitted to losing her temper and yelling when DCG was asking to use the potty but wouldn't pee once she was on it.
She even posted a picture on Facebook of DCG laying on the bathroom floor crying wearing nothing but urine soaked underpants....
Since then DCG has been afraid to use the potty and cries and squirms while trying to hold it in.
Since the weekend incident with her mom, I am able to occasionally convince her to sit on the potty, but mostly she cries and screams bloody murder if I take her anywhere near it.

Have any of you run into this problem before, and how do you feel about forcing potty training?