I have named my daycare something cutesy based on the nickname I always call my own kids. I thought that would bring me good luck when I first started in 2010.

Then yesterday I saw an ad come up on facecbook for someone in our town using the same daycare name as I use.

I put my postal code into daycare bear and sure enough - we both come up with the same name for the postal code with only a few other providers between our search results. It looks like she has been in business on daycare bear for 6 months or so based on how few stars she has on her ad.

It kinds of miffs me off because it was my name and she should have searched on daycare bear what names were already taken. I searched daycare bear before naming my daycare.

I don't like the idea that if she runs a daycare with the same name and ends up getting a few disgruntled clients who bad mouth her - that it will reflect badly on me because my daycare has the same name as hers.

Do you think it's a big deal if someone would copy your name i.e Little Angels or Sunshine Childcare, etc? I am not business registered under that name but people do know me by the daycare name.