Hi there, I am having an issue with a toddler that is refusing to eat. She came to me as a picky eater, as described by mom.

The first month of being in my care she went from being picky to eating almost everything I gave her. This past couple of weeks she has regressed.

She eats breakfast no problem. She turns her nose up to lunch. I even tried feeding her wondering if it is laziness. She won't even try it. If I just leave the bowl in front of her she will play with the food & smash it onto the table.

I have started saving the meal and warming it for her during snack. I don't want her to think she can turn her nose up to lunch & still get to have desserts or snack. She still refuses to eat.

I was always told by my paediatrician that children won't starve themselves but I am getting slightly worried. Mom & Dad say she is eating at dinner no problem.

I am pretty sure that this is a control issue. She doesn't have control of much but she can control when and what she eats.

I refuse to make meals to her demand. I don't want the other kids to mimic this behaviour.

Any ideas?