Hi,

I have a little 12 month old who started with me a few weeks ago and is having a really hard time. Not sure if it is an adjustment issue or other issue I have yet to solve. He fusses/whines/cries unless he is being held or napping. His parents mentioned to me he has been a fussy guy since day 1 and does tend to whine a lot, but this seems excessive to me. I make sure he is well slept (he naps REALLY well), he is fed, his diaper is clean and make sure he has interesting things to do (plus there are other children present which you would think would distract him as well) but he just seems generally unhappy 85% of the time. He is not yet mobile either.

I obviously need to ensure that I can provide great care to all of the children in my home and seeing as I am only one person, I need to make sure that one child is not demanding my attention the majority of the time. I also need to ensure that the "fit" is right and that the personalities of the children work well together. Obviously everyone has their off days and some days some children need more one-to-one time than others, but I am concerned and after the past few weeks just feel that I'm not the best option.

So my question is how long would you say it takes most babies to adjust to your daycare? Obviously everyone is different and such but do you feel that 2 weeks is a good average, or 3 or 4? I've never encountered this before and have always been blessed with happy babies so he is worrying me a bit.

Thanks for reading.