Hi there! This got long, I apologize, but thanks in advance!

I'm having mixed feeling about sending my 4.5 year old to kindergarten this year, wondering if anyone might have any input gat could help me make a decision. I know that over there in ON kids go at age 4, so maybe you have some better experience in the matter.

My son was born December 19th, and here the cut off is dec 31st. So he's pretty close to the cutoff. And school isn't even really required until grade 1 or age 6. However, I don't think he has much to gain by staying home. My group is younger than him by 1.5 years and he is easily frustrated by them not playing how he does or how he thinks they should. He is very bright, he did preschool Fridays for 6 hrs last year, and has been to other childcare places (drop in for appointments, gym child minding) and he's never had an issue - no missing mom, always running straight in barely saying goodbye.

Like I mentioned earlier, he does get upset easily and can shut down when it happens. He also has vision issues - very near sighted and has nystagmus (means his eyes kind of wiggle and he can have problems focusing).

I've done some research on holding them back or 'redshirting' and the general consensus from studies I've read is it's no good, but everyone I talk to recommends it! I'm so torn!