This might be a long post...I apologize in advance!! lol

So about a month ago I went to the doctor's with some symptoms. I seriously just thought it was my B12 low again and I needed another shot. Nope!! Turns out I am pregnant...roughly 2 months right now. I am freaking out a little bit and need to type this all out in hopes that it will take some stress of me and I can start sleeping...haha ya right hey?

We've told our immediate family and a couple close friends but that is it. I am quite concerned with miscarrying and won't be telling others until the 3 month mark. We tried for 2.5 years but about 6 months ago I kinda just gave up on the idea. I would go back and forth between wanting kids and wanting to be childfree...guess I don't have that option anymore lol.

So the point of my post.....I have a ton of questions!! Some daycare related and some just pregnancy related. I'd appreciate any and all advice

1. When is a good time to tell the parents? (I'm fat so I'm thinking I can hide it for awhile lol. We weren't necessarily planning on this so I don't want them to leave early)

2. How long did you take off after having the baby? Was it too short, too long? Also, did you have a firm end date in mind and how far in advance was it of your due date?

3. I qualify for EI but I don't think it will be very much. How does it all work?

4. I take tramacet for back pain and suffer a lot of pain from my arthritis. I am currently weaning off it and going to be taking T3's now. I also take sleeping pills which I am now not. Has anyone else dealt with pain before pregnancy...how did you cope once pregnant? The last couple weeks has SUCKED as my body was going through withdrawal and I am a little (okay a lot) anxious thinking about the the pain to come as the pregnancy goes on

5. What foods and meds are definite NO NO's when pregnant? (obviously have spoke to my dr about this but still curious. I've been reading a lot lately and something my doctor didn't mention and I hadn't heard of for example was that feta cheese was a no no and it's one of my fav's)

I'm tentatively due Feb 7th so I was thinking of taking off until at least September. My intention was to close summers starting 2016. I was thinking I could still do this and just play each summer by ear. If I couldn't afford it that year, I'd take on summer only kids but still sign on my ft clients from Sept to June.

ALSO (just as a side note and because I am so excited), my best friend is pregnant and due Feb 3rd!!! I think I'm more excited for her than I am for me lol. She will be taking a year off and I kinda think once we start our mat leave, I won't want to go back early lol. We are very much alike so I am super glad that we are doing this together as we have very similar fears haha.

Any other suggestions/advice/tips are more than welcome!!