Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Starting to feel at home...

Parents Not Communicating

Oh god I really need some help with a new client and I have NO idea what to do.

I have a new client who is suppose to start mid Sept. I asked her to confirm her start date asap as I am making a schedule and need to know a start date, pick up,drop off etc. She came back with a date that I had another child starting. I told her that date is taken but we can do the next day. She picked the 11th for example and I said no that won't work but we can do the 12th. I have had to message her about HER child care schedule and I am constantly messaging and not getting a response until a few days later.

I find this so rude bc I am trying to have everything ready so I know my hours for my own personal life. I told her last night in email and text that if she doesn't get back to me today she wont be able to start until October (my current family who is moving wants to stay until than). This women has put a deposit down for her spot back in March. I am at the point where I will ask her to give me an answer within 24 hrs or else the spot is going to get filled with a family who actually communicates with me. What is even more rude I extended my morning hours for her to help her.

Would this be okay....I just don't know what else to do and its frustrating!!

Ps I have a transition program that I tell parents helps a lot. Ex we start 3 days a week for a couple hours and after two weeks of 3 half days a week we start full-time. I find this helps ALOT if the child who start full-time and cry ALL day long doesnèt cry so much on their first full-time day. If a parent starts their child full-time (no half days just the full days) and that child crys ALL DAY do you ever call the parents to pick up..

thank you thank you!!

oh I just thought of something else lol does this seem like a red flag to anyone else. I am worried now that if her child gets hurt or sick she will never answer her phone. Or what if she is late she wont answer if I am calling to see where is. I have been waiting for a response since Thursday and I have re messaged and emailed last night.
    Last edited by crayolamom; 08-16-2015 at 10:41 AM.