I've had this little guys brother for over a year now and this little one since he turned a year. They are both naturally small for their ages.
He seems completely on track with a lot of things except for the fact that he will not stand. Hates it and refuses. He won't pull himself up to stand and when you pick him up to put him in a standing position, he automatically lifts his legs to sit.
He can however but scootch. Very well actually, no normal crawling at all.
I've noticed that his brother will help him sit up from laying down and finally told him to leave him be so he can do it on his own. I try to get the kids to have as much independence as possible.
Well, it's been an hour and he CANNOT go to a sitting position at all from laying down. He can roll though. He won't even hold on to something to pull himself up. He's been laying and rolling on my floor for an hour. He has complained a couple times and I try encouragement but he will not do it.
Any advice? I asked Mom a bit ago about the standing and she was given pointers from a nurse practitioner about trying to stand for 20 mins a day but he almost just refuses so it's hard for her. I just mentioned the not sitting and she laughed it off and said big brother usually helps him but I'm super concerned.