Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
hi again, I have a difficult issue with parents fee this client is making me explain my fees and for some reason I think she isn't believing my rate which I'm charging her more due to the two months and because she is a teacher but now I think she is trying to find out from other parents my actual fee what can say now!
It is not uncommon for different families to pay different rates within one home daycare. A common strategy is for caregivers to raise their rates for new incoming families but keep their current families at the rate listed in their contract.

Regardless, if you are choosing to charge them more for their days with you then you need to strongly and firmly stand behind this decision. Have a few straightforward reasons for your decision and should they question you, answer them in a confident, non-confrontational manner and don't get emotional about it. It is what it is, it is your business. If they are the type to start asking other families what they are paying and then confronting you and trying to make you change your rate for them then they need to be shown the door. You are in charge, you are running this business they do not get to challenge you. BUT, they DO deserve to have all the information. If they question your rate then they need to be given the breakdown of why their rate is what it is. Then they decide to stay or go.