Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Thread: School Drop-off

Threaded View

Starting to feel at home...

School Drop-off

I have agreed to walk a grade 1 child to school this fall, but in order to get back in time for another younger child's drop off, I'd have to drop the child off at school 15 minutes early. According to the school, they will have supervision on the playground at this time. And my initial thought that the extra 15 minutes of fresh air and play is good. However the parents seem disappointed that it wasn't going to be closer to the bell since their child is going to be there before all the bussed students arrive and in the colder months, many parents don't drop their kids off until the last minute. I think they worry that their child is going to be the only one there for the first several minutes (which will feel like a lifetime to a 6 year old).

I know that it end, they are going to have to decide if it's something they can accept. But I was just curious, do you think arriving to school 15 minutes is too early?
    Last edited by MommaL; 06-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.