I suspect my daughter (almost 4yrs) has croup. I am bringing her in this afternoon to confirm. I don't expect she will need any drugs or anything. I am curious what other providers do for such an illness. I haven't had experience with croup before aside from knowing a handful of kids that required hospital care for it. But, from what I read it is more or less a cold that could turn worse.

I only do afternoon care and the children will not come today since I am bringing her to the doctor. I will check with the doctor as well, but would you still have the daycare children come for care tomorrow, leave it up to the parents? My daughter is relatively well right now, but the night was brutal with the coughing and struggling to breath and the darth vader breathing all night. I am fine to provide care...I just don't know what to advise the parents as to the risks of them still coming.

Should I be disinfecting all the toys? I don't really do that very often as aside from common colds we don't really have anything coming through here and I like kids to build up their immunity and not rely on disinfectants or normal everyday germs.

Thoughts?
Thanks!