I have a policy where I do not accept kids who have been kicked out of other daycares, because I always get burned, thinking they won't be bad at my place.
My most recent addition is a 3 year old whose old dayhome lady moved, and shut down her dayhome. It is obvious that the former dayhome had very relaxed, or absent rules, in addition to the fact that this kid likes to push boundaries and has absolutely no respect for me. Some days she flat out ignores me like I'm not there. She's 3!!!
I've had her for 3 months, and in the beginning I would tell the parents that she was kicking my windows, doors, jumping on the couch, throwing food on the floor, ignoring me...The only response I ever get is that she "NEVER" does anything like that at home. Oh really? Never. Right. They turn the situation around to make it sound like there must be something wrong with me and my environment, even though I've never seen a child behave this way. Not even the ones who have gone through their "terrible 3" phases.
Now she's a pain, but I don't bother telling the parents. If she weren't one of my only full time kids, I'd tell her family where to go. But financially, I can't.
I guess this is just to vent, as there isn't anything I can do. I have to tell the parents that everything is fine, until I can replace them. So far all I've had in response to my ads are crazies.
Oh people...