Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Whoa, really?!?! I didn't know this! What are they made of?? I gotta go google now lol
    Here are the ingredients for the white melts: Sugar, Partly hydrogenated palm kernal oil, Milk protein, Whole milk solids, Nonfat dry milk solids, Emulsifier: Soya: E322, Salt, Flavouring.

Like with all crafts, I tell the parents they will never have a craft or picture on their fridge that I have done lol So when I have very little ones, like I do now, I make a keepsake for the moms. I trace their hands and attach some ribbon from one to another which spans the same length as the child, and write on one hand "I love you..." and the other hand"...this much." I may also get the kids to fingerpaint some little terracotta pots and add a small plant. For fathers day, I like to trace a single hand, place a picture of the child in the centre, laminate it and add a magnet to the back. We also fingerpaint ties too.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Like with all crafts, I tell the parents they will never have a craft or picture on their fridge that I have done lol So when I have very little ones, like I do now, I make a keepsake for the moms. I trace their hands and attach some ribbon from one to another which spans the same length as the child, and write on one hand "I love you..." and the other hand"...this much." I may also get the kids to fingerpaint some little terracotta pots and add a small plant. For fathers day, I like to trace a single hand, place a picture of the child in the centre, laminate it and add a magnet to the back. We also fingerpaint ties too.
    Who has time to do that?? Lol. All of our stuff is made by the kids too

I used to never do crafts, just art, but over time I've introduced them into my program. Damn Pinterest!!!

On the plus side though, kids love making them for their parents. I wish I was as crafty as these kids lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Who has time to do that?? Lol. All of our stuff is made by the kids too

I used to never do crafts, just art, but over time I've introduced them into my program. Damn Pinterest!!!

On the plus side though, kids love making them for their parents. I wish I was as crafty as these kids lol
    I literally spend one single naptime doing them for everyone, maybe an 1 1/2 hrs and the mothers always love them as a keepsake.

I tend to do more sensory activities with the younger kids who may not be interested in crafts. I love crafting with the kids and Pinterest makes it so much easier.

Euphoric !
    Haha, no I meant who has the time to make the crafts for the kids

In centres and college we were always taught crafts were bad and art was good. But than I try to put together something from IKEA and I wonder if crafts actually do serve a purpose?!? Lmao

I used to have a dad who never believed anything I sent home was made by his son (art related, didn't do crafts at that time). His son was around 10-14 months than. I finally started recording his son doing his art and sending it to dad. He was so shocked!!! Lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I found small heart shape silicon mold in Dollar store. Has 6 little heart shapes in one tray. We put modeling clay in heart shape and pressed thumb in and small hole to thread ribbon loop and let dry. We then spray gold. Added poem from internet about fingerprint fading and attached little thumbprint/heart shape.

Mommy

You always clean the fingerprints I leave upon the wall
    I seem to make a mess of things because I am so small
    The years will pass so quickly I'll soon be grown like you
    And all my little fingerprints will surely fade from view
    So here's a special fingerprint a memory that is true
    So you'll recall the very day I made it just for you
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 05-03-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    My group finger-painted picture frames. I took a picture of each child while they were painting (the kids who were covered in paint had the best photos! ) and am putting those in the frames.

We ended up doing this one today
    Attached Images

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Got some sheer pouches at dollar store (in bridal section) and the kids filled them with dried citrus peels/evergreen clippings, dried flower pot pourri, and dried lavender from store, and also some sparkly gems. It will be attached to a hand made card with a pic of child. Lots of fun for the kids. Even the really little ones loved helping to fill the pouches with nice scents.