Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maternity Wear - Suggestions?

Hi - I am getting a little discouraged by the Maternity wear selections out there - some of the stuff looks nice from afar but is of very poor quality upon closer inspection. Am I being too picky or have other noticed this as well? Also, does anyone have any ideas for some basic pieces that I can wear for an office setting? No jeans allowed!!
    Thx

Euphoric !
    Don't be afraid to visit the consignment shops, value village type stores. You should be able to find clothes made of a better quality for the same price as the cheaper ones you were looking at - maybe even a better deal. I think one of the things to remember is that while things like pants are basic the styles go in and out of fashion and many pregnant woman want new clothes with each pregnancy rather than storing the old ones unless you are planning children very close together. It might seem like the quality is poor but it will get you through the 5-6 months you need them.

Starting to feel at home...
    I likes OUAC for pant and I got all of my shirts at GAP and Old Navy

Expansive...
    Its true! A lot of the affordable maternity clothes are so cheaply made, it is awful! The retailers know you need it!!

Check out craigslist, ebay.

Hello !

There is a brand in Montréal, Modern Eternity, you can find maternity coats, jeans and leggings. Clothes are beautiful and really comfortable !

You can find the web site on Google

Good luck
    Last edited by Emma3; 12-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Euphoric !
    The clothes are made to last a few months, for one pregnancy not for daily wear for years like regular clothes.

They should last you through your pregnancy without trouble...and odds are will last through an additional pregnancy.

I will caution you about used maternity clothing. They can work fine BUT they have been stretched out by a previous pregnant mom. The pants will lose their stretch and odds are you will find you are constantly hiking them up in the earlier months of pregnancy because your belly isn't as big as the clothes were stretched! Which, really isn't a big deal but is an issue worth noting!

Maternity Wear That Lasts

When I was pregnant only 9 months ago, I discovered some baby wearing maternity clothes. The great thing about the pieces I bought was that I could continue to use them after the baby was born and well into the 9th month. One brand is ViJays based out of Montreal. I liked them so much I wore them everyday once the baby arrived mostly out of necessity as the child refused to be put down without wailing. They have other breastfeeding and maternity clothing for prenatal.

Which city do you live in? That will dictate some of your locations for sourcing quality clothing. I visited every maternity store in the lower mainland, Fraser valley, sunshine coast, as well as when I traveled internationally. Much like you noticed, much of it was just stretchy jersey material, which I did not find professional to wear to work. The nicer items were priced outrageously. It takes a creative eye to locate a style that works with a price that's reasonable.

Shy
    Ill go with leggings when you go to office.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma3 View Post
    Hello !

There is a brand in Montréal, Modern Eternity, you can find maternity coats, jeans and leggings. Clothes are beautiful and really comfortable !

You can find the web site on Google

Good luck
    I agree. I remember wearing some jeans from them. They were so comfortable! I remember being so excited about my first pair of jeans from them so much...that i ended up ordering 4 more online but in different colours.

Top Pregnancy Clothes | Shop Maternity Styles On Sale‎
    Adwww.motherhood.com/maternity‎

Montreal and Modern Eternity works too they last and so comfortable to wear hope it helps