Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Road trip to Orlando!!

Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone day is running smoothly
    I am curious if any of you ladies has taken a family road trip to Orlando, Florida during the winter months, if so would you mind sharing your experience, tips any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you kindly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to paz For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Yes we do it yearly and are leaving Jan. 3rd what would you like to know ?

Shy
    Hi Lainey76!! thats Awesome.

This will be our first long road trip, our kids dream vacation!
    How do you find the drive, how long it takes counting the usual stops for meals/rest, etc.
    Did you visit Disney W?

We leave from Ottawa and we do it over 3 days (leave Friday 6/7am and arrive around 2/3pm on Sunday) ..... we have our map/destinations all mapped out ....

We have done all the disney parks but we have not done universal studios . I also have a document (27ish pages) that my friend had put together ... if you want to send me your email address I will forward it on to you .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lainey76 For This Useful Post:

paz

Euphoric !
    Are you in Canada? Do you have CAA roadside assistance? Then go directly to the closest office and ask them for a Tryptic (sp?) because they are AWESOME!

My Mom goes to Florida for 5 months every winter and one of us kids drives down with her and flies home and the same to bring her home so that she has her car the entire time in Florida, but she doesn't want to drive all that way by herself. We're in Ontario so the men in the family like to boot it down I75 and get there fast, in a day and 3/4. But my Mom & I drive home north through the Carolinas up to Pennsylvania and New York and take our time coming home in about 2 1/2 days and love that drive a lot.

Whatever you decide, Florida is a great place to visit.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

paz

We have driven to Florida 3 times. Once straight through taking turns driving and it took 24 hrs. The other times we leave Ottawa at 5 pm drive to Scranton Penn. and then leave there at 6am and drive to Savanah Georgia, then it he next day just a few ours to Orlando. This year we may leave earlin the am and drive 12 hours each day. We always rent a house, there are some deals on Expedia in Jnauary on Wednesdays, one year we got 40 % our week long house rental. ( anywhere from 700 to 1200 for a week for a house with its own pool) Legoland is a fantastic park look online for buy one adult ticket get your child's free.
    Last edited by ECE53; 12-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECE53 For This Useful Post:

paz

Ooh, Lainey, I'd be really interested in seeing that doc! Can you pm me?

Shy
    Thanks ladies. Lainey would love to have a copy, will pm you.

apples and bananas
    I used to drive down all the time as a child with my family. We would drive half way, stay a night and then finish. It was the best driving into the welcome centre and the fresh orange juice.

I am not adventurous as my parents were so I found some great inexpensive flights and we're flying down for 5 days in January. 3 days at the park, 1 day in downtown, 1 day in the resort and home we go. It's a strictly disney trip!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

paz

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I used to drive down all the time as a child with my family. We would drive half way, stay a night and then finish. It was the best driving into the welcome centre and the fresh orange juice.

I am not adventurous as my parents were so I found some great inexpensive flights and we're flying down for 5 days in January. 3 days at the park, 1 day in downtown, 1 day in the resort and home we go. It's a strictly disney trip!
    Hi A&B, did you purchase the Disney park tickets in Canada?