Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Skysue, I did put pics up of the front of my house and my yard on my listings.

I didn't mention when I'd be doing interviews, but did say in the ad that I am moving to town at the end of June and accepting now for July. Incidentally, July 13th is my birthday!

Starting to feel at home...
    Alphagetti, did you buy in the Durham Region? Oshawa?

Mom4-GM in Oshawa is up and running, there is still a lot of unemployment due to job loss from a couple of years ago, but it has not affected anything in the North End of Oshawa. The daycare associated w CAW closed and the one at the Community College closed. Although I"m having trouble filling my spots as well, the daycares around me, and there are lots, are full. And they are not charging 20/day... more like 35-40/day. I think its the time of year, you may start getting calls in a few weeks when people want to line up their care for Sept... that's what I'm banking on anyways!

Ishould say it hasnt affected anything interms of daycare in the N. Oshawa, it for sure has affected people who live here as well with losing their jobs, being layed off on and off (my hubby)
    Last edited by lilac; 05-16-2012 at 03:23 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilac For This Useful Post:

Bowmanville.

I was there over last weekend, chatting with some friends, and they said that the going rate for home daycare there is $35-$40 dollars, and these places are all full. However, I see a tonne of advertisments on kijiji and here, and they all have spaces for $30-$35 per day.

One of the women who replied to my ad said that she pays $25 a day where she is now, for a part time spot, so she won't pay any more than that. She's looking for a new daycare, as her current one won't do school runs for fall.

wow Alphagetti $25.00 is what I charge for four hours of care what a rip

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by lilac View Post
    I think its the time of year, you may start getting calls in a few weeks when people want to line up their care for Sept... that's what I'm banking on anyways!
    I consider myself "south Whitby" but Im right off the 401....I've also been posting for spots and I would normally get 2-3 email request at least, now not a single one but 20+ views! ::Filling dust to us ALL::
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Alpha your moving to bowmanville? My dad lived there for 30 years .... Sadly he passed away dec 2007. His wife and my step sister live there and my sister lived and ran a business there briefly about 20 yrs ago .... I know bowmanville quite well ..... It's a nice town!

Yes, it is a nice town! DH's mom lived there for a number of years, plus we have a ready made group of friends there, as DH's best friend from high school has lived there for about 7 years, and all of his friends are awesome, and we've already met all of them several times.

I am actually looking very much forward to the move, the smallness of the town, and the change of pace from the city. I do love the city, always will, but there's a lot to be said for lower mortgages and fewer sirens at night.

Mama mia-I have had a million people look at my ads and very few inquiries and so far only 1 that has led to a client since Dec. When I first started up, same thing, but I was full and turning away people for a Sept start. I have had people try to bully my rates down to 20 and 25 but I just say sorry, cant do it. I grew up in the South part of Whitby Blair Park, RA Hutchison, Wheelies?!!

I'm not sure but I dont think Bowmanville is all that different in terms of daycare than Oshawa... its also growing! Hold out for people who arent going to bully you for rates, 20-25 isnt the norm for 2 full time kids, not these days. I'll bet Sept will be a good time for you!

Hi Alphaghetti, just curious what area you lived in last and where you relocated. I am in Calgary now but at some point would like to go back to toronto and was wondering what the average rates were and what you might have heard of being as good areas to live in for having a busy dayhome?