Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Sleeping equipment

Hey!
    Until now I haven't needed to buy anything for the children to sleep in. I have been able to use what I have at home. Until now I haven't needed to buy anything for the children to sleep in. I have been able to use what I have at home. I may begin to have two siblings in my care next week and need advice on what I should put the 18 month old sleeping in. Will a playpen be too small? Should I buy a cot? What kind and where from?

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    I use play pen/pack n play until they 2 years old. Then switch room with older children and use yoga mat.

Shy
    Thanks!! I feel like as long as the child isn't super tall it should work!

Euphoric !
    Will totally depend on the size of the 18month old! That said, most kids curl up to sleep versus sprawling out so even if squished they can manage a nap in a playpen in a pinch. My 99th percentile 2.5yr old daughter long ago out grew the playpen (head and feet touching the ends). It does also depend on the playpen. The lower end models may not hold the child's weight as well.

My guess is that 18months you will benefit from getting them settled into routines and expectations by having them secure in a playpen (or crib). Once they are used to your expectations you can try them on a mat.

Euphoric !
    I do playpens until at least 2 (right now my two 2.5yo's are still in them tho and have LOTS of room) and than I have sleep mats and cots for the older children. I have the my regalo sleep cots from Walmart in the states. I like them but unfortunately one broke about 2 years (I think?) after having it.

This post makes me think that I should get more cots though lol. It would be nice to get rid of the play pens. I just hadn't thought if it since it's so routine but now thinking about it, I think they're ready! Well one is anyways lol....the other one would maybe still get into things!

Euphoric !
    I find these good too. I have two of these. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ecr4kids.../6000192915218

I got when little girl here would put hand in diaper if pooped at naptime. Would put puppy pee pad on it and hose clean in tub. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ecr4kids.../6000192915218

Shy
    Hi Suzie Just curious, did these come in a set of 5 or just a single cot? I noticed on Amazon.ca they have a set of 5 for $20 more ( same company brand etc)?

Euphoric !
    I not buy new just give link of what I have. I got my two from daycare that closing many year ago. Sorry, I not know if this pack or single.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom of three View Post
    Hi Suzie Just curious, did these come in a set of 5 or just a single cot? I noticed on Amazon.ca they have a set of 5 for $20 more ( same company brand etc)?
    That is a very good price for 5 as they cost a lot more when the centre daycare I worked at bought them 12 years ago- I think we paid a $100 each at least !!!!! so grab them if any one need mats as they are easy to wipe down to clean

Euphoric !
    I would suggest you buy used. I paid $15 a cot when I bought on Kijiji. Buy everything used!