Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I am so done!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    Ok. Maybe time to think outside the box.

Is there another provider near you who you respect and trust who has own kid too? What about swapping kids? I serious. It just for couple months. You take other provider's kid, she takes yours. Sure it'll be a pain to physically get them to each other but it will be interest for each child to make new friends, switch up routine.

I not even know if this practical but sometimes, thinking outside the box is answer.
    I've considered this before. It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure it would be worth it financially. I don't make much $ to begin with as I only take in 3 daycare kids at any onetime. If I then have to pay for daycare for my daughter then I only have the income of two daycare kids, at which point it just doesn't seem worth it. We only have until May when I give notice and then I really can't say who will be here for how long. I think we can find ways to cope until then, not to mention that once the weather warms up it should make things easier too. It's a good idea though!

Euphoric !
    In my friends case, there was no money exchanged. Just swapped kids 2x a week, care for care.

I hope all your parents stay on till the end!! Would make it so much nicer for you financially!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    I've considered this before. It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure it would be worth it financially. I don't make much $ to begin with as I only take in 3 daycare kids at any onetime. If I then have to pay for daycare for my daughter then I only have the income of two daycare kids, at which point it just doesn't seem worth it. We only have until May when I give notice and then I really can't say who will be here for how long. I think we can find ways to cope until then, not to mention that once the weather warms up it should make things easier too. It's a good idea though!
    If you swapping kids, no money exchange. Money might raise question about costs and scams etc. I meant just swap kids. You feed hers, she feeds yours, you entertain hers, you entertain hers. Literally new challenges and environment and friends for both but no money. You have same income as now, she have same income as now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I feel the exact same way. My son is also acting up but fine when there are no dck around. I'm closing due to bill 10 and since I've made my decision I am also fed up and counting the days. I was lucky because I found a job exactly where I wanted to work (walking distance) right away. I think once we know change is coming we are impatient and can't wait. Good luck with your new endeavors and enjoy your summer off with your kiddos

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Congrats Polkaroo! I haven't seen you post in awhile and wondered how you were! Glad to hear that things are going well...when is your hdc closing??

To keep me positive in the weeks leading up to my closing date, I am going to start a bucket list of daycare activities that I've said I'll always get around to doing. You know the whole, "next year". Maybe even start doing some of those pinterest activities that I so constantly pin lol It is so easy to get disengaged and be willing the days and weeks to go by quickly, but I try to catch myself and focus on the benefits of daycare that I will miss when I close. That usually helps when I get a bit blue.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

I know I was MIA lol. I'm waiting to receive the paperwork before giving notice (should be sometime next week). Then I must give my 4 weeks notice. So sometime in may. It's a bitter sweet feeling. I LOVE my dck and dcp but with this new law I had no choice. I'm lucky I found exactly what I was looking for in just one application. I see it as it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    To keep me positive in the weeks leading up to my closing date, I am going to start a bucket list of daycare activities that I've said I'll always get around to doing. You know the whole, "next year". Maybe even start doing some of those pinterest activities that I so constantly pin lol It is so easy to get disengaged and be willing the days and weeks to go by quickly, but I try to catch myself and focus on the benefits of daycare that I will miss when I close. That usually helps when I get a bit blue.
    Wow I have been away a while. Congrats bright sparks! Will you be returning to school as you had planned? I'm going back to work and starting part time studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Polkaroo View Post
    Wow I have been away a while. Congrats bright sparks! Will you be returning to school as you had planned? I'm going back to work and starting part time studies.
    Yes I got accepted to do my degree. Psychology and Sexuality Studies I register for classes in 3 weeks! Full time student Arghhh! Lol The commute is going to be interesting...I have to drive into TO so a nice 110km commute each way a couple days a week!

I finish in 18 weeks and we, hubby, kids and myself, are going to Europe for 3 weeks....the day I finish I'll be on a plane 4 hours later. Ill be broke while I'm in school but at least it will be consistent lol I've also had a 2nd job since Sept doing data entry so the plan is to continue doing that around class time in addition to getting an on campus job.

What are you taking at school?

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Yes I got accepted to do my degree. Psychology and Sexuality Studies I register for classes in 3 weeks! Full time student Arghhh! Lol The commute is going to be interesting...I have to drive into TO so a nice 110km commute each way a couple days a week!

I finish in 18 weeks and we, hubby, kids and myself, are going to Europe for 3 weeks....the day I finish I'll be on a plane 4 hours later. Ill be broke while I'm in school but at least it will be consistent lol I've also had a 2nd job since Sept doing data entry so the plan is to continue doing that around class time in addition to getting an on campus job.

What are you taking at school?
    OMG. I'm so excited for you !!!! I'm taking forensic accounting and then my plan is to apply to do my degree. We'll see! I'm excited.