Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Insurance for dayhome

Hello everyone, need advise regarding insurance.
    Should it be in my name or business name and does it cover both business and owner? Thanks.

In Ontario - you can get a Ryder attached to your home/rent insurance. This is all you need and isn't too expensive, usually based on your income. You can also get commercial insurance that will cost you $700 - $4000/yr. This is not needed. All is done under your name.
    Co-operators is a good company.

I am not sure how insure works in other provinces.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Phemmy View Post
    Hello everyone, need advise regarding insurance.
    Should it be in my name or business name and does it cover both business and owner? Thanks.
    Hi. You can include your homedaycare un your house insurance it is a category they use for it it is called "home business". If you do so it is not expensive. Mine covers $25000 for any loss in my business and up to $2,000000 for each liability. (I had increased my yearly I pay a bit more because I really needed to be all covered).

Now here is the most important part. Any insurance company will cover your "business" as far as you abide by your province regulations in regards of ratios. In Ontario is only 5 children if you're private and 6 if you're with an agency. In the event of something serious happening and found not complying with the regulations, I was explained and i signed that the insurance will automatically be cancelled. They won't cover for anything due to caregivers negligence.

If you're in Ontario and private and have or would like to have 6 or more kids then it is required to apply for a "Commercial " insurance but also apply to change your "homedaycare" to a "commertial daycare centre". If you want to take care of six children and if you're in Ontario you can go through an licensed agency and still be a "homedaycare".

I have paid for a "commertial private daycare insurance up to 15 kids" $550 (two years ago) And this increases based on licensed capacity or enrollment.

And now I have included it to my home and the coverage is up to 12 children (but strictly only max. 6 at a time).
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 03-25-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Shy
    Thanks Peaceful bird and blue rose. This is very helpful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phemmy For This Useful Post:

Hello . Do you know Jeep Insurance Rates at zecoverage? I recently bought myself a Jeep which I have long dreamed of. Everyone is such a cool man's car. But now, in order to avoid losing money due to accidents, etc., I want to insure her. So I found one service, can you advise some more?