Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Leaving Winter Gear at daycare

A daycare parent is asking if they can leave child's winter gear at daycare so it does not have to be brought back and forth each day.

What do other providers do?

I advised parent that winter snowpants, coats, hats, mitts, boots should all go home daily for drying or washing.

Does anyone allow these items to stay at daycare in cubbies?

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with laundering that much snow gear from 5 children.
    please let me know what you do, and thank you.

Expansive...
    I’ve had parents leave some basic winter items in the cubbies, but I do not launder their items.
    That is the responsibility of the parents.
    I’ve found that certain parents were always forgetting some items in the morning in the race out the door, so in that sense it was handy for them to leave the regular items or a second set of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    I’ve had parents leave some basic winter items in the cubbies, but I do not launder their items.
    That is the responsibility of the parents.
    I’ve found that certain parents were always forgetting some items in the morning in the race out the door, so in that sense it was handy for them to leave the regular items or a second set of gear.
    Thank you.
    The mother said she wants child to wear a thin coat in car for seatbelt safety and I'm assuming to leave the outdoor thick one at daycare. I'm worried if I open that option up to all the families I'll have a pile of snow pants and coats to look after which I don't think I should do.

I do want to make things easier for parents but for me it's one pair times five.

Shy
    I personally ask that all gear go home. I have three children of my own, to dry their wet gear and I do not have time to make sure 5 extra sets of gloves, hats, boots, jackets etc are dry. That's a parents responsibility not a providers responsibility.
    Also, I do not have space in my home for all the extra gear every night. Once in a while, would be ok but not ideal.