Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Daycare in a Condo

Hi Everyone!

I am planning on opening a daycare in our condo. It is a townhouse like / tri-level unit. Lots of space on the main floor and the basement and the only thing to do basically is put a fence in the backyard. I'm just wondering if operating an unlicensed daycare is ok in a condo/townhouse unit in Manitoba? I keep looking up online about it and I can't find anything.

Thank you!

Euphoric !
    You need to call your own provincial department and check. You should also check your local bylaws. Here the day care regs for unlicensed care don't specify building type but our bylaws stop anyone in a Condo/multi unit dwelling from having a day home due to respecting the neighbors attached/sharing common walls/floors and the potential for above normal noise.