Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Important ontario childcare survey covid related

Hi, can someone tell me where to find it. It seems they're suggesting the increase of ratios in homedaycares to help current families struggling for child care.

Daycare centres have covid outbreaks and homedaycares seems an easy solution for now until everything goes back to normal. There have been homedaycares open during the pandemic without outbreaks.

Can any one give some more information please?

And my other question is if CICPO still has a website. Perhaps they have the survey too. Any leads will be appreciated.

There are two oganizations that are starting to fight for possiable increase in ratios. The organizations are CICPO and CCPRN. This may NEVER happen and if it does could take years before we see any changes.

Right now think of this as a dream, that two organizations would like to possible one day make a reality.

CCPRN has a website and a fb page. CICPO has a facebook page and group. I don't think the CICPO has a website any more.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    This may NEVER happen and if it does could take years before we see any changes.
    I'm not sure, lately the authorities are able to listen and aprove anything that is safe asap.

If centres aren't able to keep up with the families in need of childcare and they keep getting infections. The fastest and safe solution will be in crease ratios in home daycares that are safe.

I think we need people to speak up for us. Ccprn never did because the institution itself is part of the government or administrated by the city.

Cicpo is the only one that advocates for the independent sector. And of course the greatest interest of the centre based is always against us.

We need someone to speak up on how they "centre based" are getting millions in funding and spending but, yet still show outbreaks.

Homedaycares, we haven't got a break or any benefits neither support directly from the government, our bills specially water have increased with another 50% or more, the food have increased too. We are an only individual working hard from home and we have been doing all dillingent cleaning to protect the families in care.

Many families in desesperate state keeps asking for spots, parents with older kids that had to start school in September are thinking on rather leaving their kids where they are safe (homedaycare) instead sending them to schools.

So, I do not think the government should ask us to be insensitive and not try to help. At least until everything goes back to normal.

The centres got their funding and guess what it will never be enough, and they will keep having outbreaks. I do not think our taxes should be mishandled like that. They should start supporting our sector that has proven to be safer and economical and an easy and fast solution for now.

We have not asked neither have been offered free ppe, any training in regards of the virus, or breaks on our rents or bills. At least a tax break wold help.

We are more exposed than the centre based, we are bringing families to our homes. Imagine that and it seems no one speaks or notices, about our support to our communities.

I really hope Cicpo is able to communicate all this to the authorities. And advocate for a better support to our sector.

Helping us help more families would be a good start.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 07-27-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Changes to the CCEYA take time. There is a legal prosses that they have to follow. It can take months or longer before they can legally make changes on a long term bases.

They could have done a temporary charge during the state of emergancy. But I don't think emergancy orders can be made unless the province is in a state of emergancy.

With more and more kids testing postive for covid [55 (22 between newborn and 9 yrs, and 33 ages 10 yrs ro 19 yrs) in Ottawa alone within a 10 day period in July] I can't see the government rushing to create more spots. They are planning to open schools and if parents don't want to send their kids (totally don't blame them) then its not the governments responisblity to provide them with daycare (as that is what the schools are for). It sucks but it seems to be how the government is thinking.

They might be able to get speacial perimions from the government (as a whole) to by pass the legal requirements, but I am not sure if this is allowed.

The government has proven time and time again that they don't care about private providers. They use us when it works to their advantage and throw us to the wolves when they don't need us.

Don't get me wrong I would love it if the government would increase ratios, help us out with ppe etc. even give better guidelines, but realiticly this government doesn't even want to help keep school aged kids safe, the change of them doing something smart to help all kids stay safe is very slim. I hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling I am not.