Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Need help regarding number of children allowed

Hi everyone,

I am restarting my daycare after a maternity leave break. I am just a little confused on how many children I am allowed to have in my care. I am unlicensed. Have not started yet...

Is it 5 children allowed counting my own? I have a 1 year old, and 4 year old. I thought 4 years and up didn't count in the total number of children????

Can I have 6 kids including my 4 year old, or just the 5 total with my 4 year old?

Please help. I spoke with some insurance advisors and all of them are saying any of your children 13 years and under would count towards the 5.. Is this right?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by daycarenewbie; 09-10-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Euphoric !
    It depends where you are. Day care regulations, including ratios, are set provincially not Nationally. What province are you in?