Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar

Best children's chairs ?

I purchased the ikea table and chair set for my group and I LOVE the table. It has a raised edge so spills don;t make their way to the floor which is great! The benches however are not so great in my opinion. I have a ceramic tile floor and they are extremely noisy and slipperly and the kids tend to fall over really easily on them. So, I purchased some new chairs . They look like the ones we used in school a few years back.( metal legs, plastic seat with a back) The problem is my 3 year old likes to stick his hear in between the seat and the backing and run around or try to go up and down the stairs So , needless to say, they are gone. I don;t know what to use anymore!
    Any suggestions ?

I just went to garage sales, and looked on Kijiji.ca and UsedOttawa.com (closest area to where i'm from) for childrens sized furniture. At a garage sale I found an amazing solid wood table and chairs set for $5 (original owner must have paid at least $100) While they are great, I found that it was a bit high for my little ones. Next place I found was on one of the used sites, and found an old table and chair set from 30-40 years ago in pristine condition for free! The legs of the chairs and table are metal. The chairs are very sturdy, and lower for my little ones.

My nephews have the wooden IKEA table and chair set - Svala, and it suits their needs.

Good luck on your search!

Red face table and chairs

www.Furniture-4kids.com

This is a great website which often has huge sales. You can buy tables with adjusting legs depending on the age and size of the children you are caring for and the same in chairs. For example...

http://www.furniture-4kids.com/primstacchai.html 6 pack of chairs for $99 instead of $199.99

http://www.furniture-4kids.com/24x36rectangle.html adjustable table $93.33 instead of $177.13

Theres lots of other stuff too but these were just examples. I know a lot of daycare providers who wouldn't spend this kind of money on kids furniture but then they shouldn't complain where as I think that if you plan to do daycare for many years then this is perfect or if you know a lot of providers or are part of an association then you could sell them on easily and get a good portion of the purchase price back. I for one have bought these and they are terrific. It is a US based company so I had them delivered to US address just over the border at Niagara Falls and it cost a few dollars for them to hold it for a week till I collected it. I hope this is helpful or that you can find something else suitable on this great website.

wow! Thank you all for they info. I really don't mind spending $ for the daycare... something I do way too much of LOL. And I do plan on doing this for many years to come .
    I just want them all to be safe and comfortable.

I don't know where you are in Quebec Sunflower, but there's a store in the East End of Ottawa called All About Kids. It's a store of Educational Supplies especially for Daycare Centers, Schools, Museums, etc. Here's their website: http://www.allaboutkids.info

Quote Originally Posted by Play and Learn View Post
    I don't know where you are in Quebec Sunflower, but there's a store in the East End of Ottawa called All About Kids. It's a store of Educational Supplies especially for Daycare Centers, Schools, Museums, etc. Here's their website: http://www.allaboutkids.info
    Thank you so much. I am in Gatineau so I will head out there asap and have a look.

Sunflower - apparently they're good prices. I'll have to go out there too for daycare cots!

I don't know what their cots are like, but I got mine from educatall 2 years ago and I love them

here is the link,
    http://www.educatout.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=515

Same as the cots used in many of the daycare centers that I worked at in the past! Just a matter of getting out there!

Sorry for bumping...just my two cents...
    I bought my Emily the Ikea round lime green table with 4 matching chairs https://toyboxadvisor.com/best-baby-activity-tables (lilac & green) almost 18 months ago. They are terrific. We have sat round the table (DH & I) for dinners and breakfast numerous times. I also use it to reach the high places sometimes! The chairs are very sturdy as long as you assemble them firmly & correctly. Also, because they are made of durable plastic, they are very easy to clean and I don't have to be paranoid about spills, texta marks etc. The edge of the table also has a lip that stops small spills flowing onto the floor/carpet.

So far, everyone who has kids who has seen our table set has gone off to buy one. They are a little pricey (esp if you buy the whole set), but it's worth the investment as DD plays/draws/eats on it everyday.

The downside is that because the legs are so large, a whole ensemble with the round table can take up quite a lot of space. So if you're putting it in DD's bedroom, might be better of buying the rectangular table and only 2 chairs.

Good luck!