Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mommy gift

Mommy gift

This is our Mother's day craft. The kids spent a lot of time painting the jewelry boxes. Even my son that isn't too much into painting enjoyed the activity. They glued a pic of themselves inside the box... Mommies were thrilled when they saw their gifts.

Thank you ladies for all the ideas that came up on this threat for Mother's day:
    http://www.daycarebear.ca/forum/show...ght=mother%27sMommy.jpg
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 05-10-2013 at 08:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    We painted flower pots and I put a geranium in each one. The kids absolutely LOVED doing this activity and it was super easy. They were sooooo proud to give their flowers to their moms...so cute! We also made handprint butterflies...super cute too All the moms were thrilled

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    We painted flower pots and I put a geranium in each one. The kids absolutely LOVED doing this activity and it was super easy. They were sooooo proud to give their flowers to their moms...so cute! We also made handprint butterflies...super cute too All the moms were thrilled
    Did you put soil inside the pot and plant the flower? or how did you hold it in place? That sounds like a lot of fun for the kids!

Euphoric !
    OK, I have 3 Dads out of 4 families picking up my dckids so thats great for Mother's Day surprises and 1 flaky Mom picks up my oldest boy. So she kissed him as he gave her all her presents and she thanked him but did I get one thank you? Nope! Does that make me want to go the distance next year? Well you get my point. Good luck for lots of thanks for all of us on Monday.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsand crafts View Post
    Did you put soil inside the pot and plant the flower? or how did you hold it in place? That sounds like a lot of fun for the kids!
    I was going to do that, but it turned out perfectly that the little plastic pots the geraniums came in fit totally perfectly into the painted flower pots, so I just plopped them in This was great because it also means that it will be easy for them to take the flowers out and repot into bigger pots when necessary and they will still have their child's pot to use for whatever and it will be clean. I am fortunate...every one of them emailed me right away to thank me (it was all dads picking up yesterday for me too).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    We dyed doilies and let them dry. We them assembled them into flower shapes and used a pipe cleaner as the stem. I bought vases from the dollar store, and we put the doily flowers in them. It really did look like a bouqet of flowers. The kids also did their own card to go along with the flowers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smileyface For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
    We dyed doilies and let them dry. We them assembled them into flower shapes and used a pipe cleaner as the stem. I bought vases from the dollar store, and we put the doily flowers in them. It really did look like a bouqet of flowers. The kids also did their own card to go along with the flowers.
    How did you dye them?
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 05-11-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    OK, I have 3 Dads out of 4 families picking up my dckids so thats great for Mother's Day surprises and 1 flaky Mom picks up my oldest boy. So she kissed him as he gave her all her presents and she thanked him but did I get one thank you? Nope! Does that make me want to go the distance next year? Well you get my point. Good luck for lots of thanks for all of us on Monday.
    Now that you are mentioning it... Moms were super excited and hugging and kissing their kids, but no one thanked me either ... I didn't even noticed it until you mentioned it... Still I think I'll keep doing my activities since kids spend long time focused on them and really look they are enjoying them... I have a mom that always thank me for almost everything I do, but not this time. Maybe it was the excitement of having a gift made by their little babies on Mother's day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
    We did that too but I just let the kids paint abstract on a piece of paper then when it dried I cut out flower shapes!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Plus we did these:
    Attached Images

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post: