Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totally Random - Favourite Road Trip Songs

Howdy folks

I leave for Florida on Monday and remember all to clearly the last time we took the 20 hour drive and how even my favourite songs on my ipod got old, really quick.

I was wondering for a bit of fun, and to help me compile a new playlist for the road, if everyone could give me 1 or 2, or a whole bunch of their favourite road trip/driving songs.

The only music I really dislike is country, but I don't care what era the song is from, I'm 31 but love the classics. I can't wait to hear what people come up with, and I'll start with a couple of my faves.

B52's - Roam
    Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way
    Katrina & the waves - Walking on Sunshine

Won't Back Down, by Tom Petty. It's my life's theme song!

Outgoing
    Break my stride by Matthew wilder and hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

Also anything by bob marley
    Last edited by 2cuteboys; 08-08-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Anything Journey! Love it when Steve hits the high notes. Easy to sing along to LOL. Have you considered getting Sirius radio? We just came back from our road trip to Maine and had 98% commercial free listening to whatever genre we wanted. You can sign up for just a month for a few dollars.

Outgoing
    What about some Billy Joel- My Life, We Didn't Start the Fire, Uptown Girl
    Fleetwood Mac- Don't Stop
    Blondie- Heart of Glass, Call Me
    Adele- Rolling in the Deep
    Dire Straits- Sultans of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Have you considered getting Sirius radio? We just came back from our road trip to Maine and had 98% commercial free listening to whatever genre we wanted. You can sign up for just a month for a few dollars.
    What do you play it on and how do you connect it to the car? I would definitely consider it

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    What do you play it on and how do you connect it to the car? I would definitely consider it
    We bought it for our son a few years back because he hated the drive home from New Brunswick where he was at school because of the lack of English stations through Quebec.

We got a package from radio shack - guess it is the Source now keep forgetting - but it came with a boombox and the car adapter - you put an antennae on the car and then you pay for the signal. There are cheaper ones but we liked that he could take the small pack from the car and into the house and use it there so made the subscription worth the money. He used it while he drove out to Calgary and loved it.

This wasn't the set we got but not that much to get started for sure:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8009300

Outgoing
    If your vehicle is fairly new, it usually has the capability built in too, so you wouldn't need to buy the whole package and 'physical' pieces, just order the subscription.

It might say in your owners manual if you have it, or maybe you could call xm or a dealership to find out.

Yes, if your vehicle is fairly new (ours is 5 yrs old) then just call Sirius (google them for contact info) and see what plan you want. Most new vehicle purchases come with a free 6 month subscription to Sirius (not that I am suggesting you buy new to get the free subscription LOL) as my parents just bought a new car and this was a perk.

Expansive...
    The entire "American Graffiti" sound track oh and the "Grease" sound track. I'm only 40 but love, love, love this era!