Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve Daycare Hours

I was thinking of closing at Noon on Christmas Eve and on New Year's Eve. What are your daycare hours on those days. Your feedback is appreciated.

Euphoric !
    I have it in my contract that I will close early on those days, at 1 pm, unless otherwise noted. I charge my stat rate for those 2 days.

This year I will have no children the week of Christmas and possibly only 1-2 the following week. If my one child does come New years eve I won't be closing early and have told mom that the regular fee will be due if she wants the full day or otherwise she can pay the stat rate and pick up early. I don't think she will be here now though.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm closing at 1 and charging a reduced rate. I'm taking the whole week off after that, so I'll be closed on NYE.

Expansive...
    I'm closed for the week of Christmas and then I reopen January 2. So almost two weeks, and I get paid vacation days for the 24, 25, 26 and January 1st. I probably will NEVER be open during the holidays because we have to travel 6 hours to visit family. And even if we didn't have to travel I would not be open dec 24,25,26 and New Years for sure.

I am always closed the weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year's and this is paid time for me, so it isn't something I have had to think about in a while

Expansive...
    I also need the break so I close from December 22 - January 2nd. I get paid the 25, 26 and January 1st. So three of the days are paid and about 5 are unpaid. It is worth the break though. I am really looking forward to that time with my own family at home. **Bliss**

Euphoric !
    I am the only poor sucker working by the looks of things LOL. I ask my families to give me their schedules and to see if there are any days that I have only one or two. Nope not this year! So I am working until 3 on Christmas eve and new year's eve. This year my husband works both those days too so it isn't a huge deal. I am closed the 25th and 26th and Jan 1st. I decided to close on the 27th this year as well. 5 days off in a row! That is a long time off for me! It is business as usual around here otherwise.

Euphoric !
    Not to rub salt on the wound, but it has worked out this year that I am off from closing time on the 21st, until opening time on Jan 6.
    I have been very lucky in the past, and this upcoming year, that my families tend to take some time off as well. And they don't bring the kids over this period. If they did not take the time off, I would be booking it off. I work for myself for exactly this reason.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Mom in alberta...that is how I look at it too! I opened up my hdc so that I could take off holidays when I wanted too. At my previous job, I had paid holidays but would have too take them off when it fit around other schedules most of the time. Now I can take off when I want (within reason of course) but it's unpaid. However, I wouldn't go back to my other job for anything!!

I ask for my parents schedules by Nov 15th so I can decide if I want to close or not. I have been lucky that almost all of my parents in the past 3 years have taken holidays over Christmas so I technically am not closed and am still getting paid my holiday rate. It is nice to have a break every now and then

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year's, Happy Holidays everyone!!

My last working day is Thursday 19th of December and I am reopening on Monday January 6th. 17 days off!! I am still paid stats for 25th, 26th and the 1st. I don't wait to see what the parents plans are as I take this time off regardless of whether or not they are working. This will be my 3rd year of taking this time off and in past years I have felt like the spirit of Xmas is over so quickly if I am straight back to work. My sons birthday is the 24th so I like to have extra time with him once school is done and then inbetween Xmas and New Year we tend to have marathon days of new and old board games and lots of pj time and Xmas movies. I just love this big chunk of time off as a family...I've been counting down for a few weeks now lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: