Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pneumonia

Expansive...

Pneumonia

Well I ended up at the hospital last night , just couldn't catch my breathe from coughing due to my "cold". I have pneumonia , I feel so exhausted but I guess that's why . I'm starting another prescription today and have Monday off , which means I only work Tuesday and Wednesday . Should I just phone everyone and say I'm closed for the week or should I just work it . I have 5 sick days I can use and have only used one so far so I could but I'm usually one of those people who take their responsibilities too seriously . So I need help in deciding ( wishy washy I know ) but once I can make the decision I'm ok it's just coming to this decision I'm struggling with .
    I have one family I will cancel for sure as they have exactly what I have but always disclose this information after I say I have it grrrr !!!!
    So that leaves 4 others !
    Please help ,
    Thank you !!!

So sorry to hear you are sick...feel better soon.

You have pneumonia and you need lots of rest. If you work, in all likelihood your pneumonia will drag on longer and you will quite possibly feel worse in the long run. If you have the sick days available, use them and at least this gives you a good stretch of time off to recuperate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Oh my goodness...if there was ever a good time to call in sick...NOW is the time. Feel better and get lots of rest!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree with Other Mommy. Hope you feel better soon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Ugh I get so frustrated !! Why is it that I am always explaining to this one dcf about the contract they signed !! Dcm doesn't want to pay for my 2 days off , even though she signed the contract saying I have 5 sick/personal days !!

Take the time off!!! Pneumonia is serious and you need to rest and sleep so your body can heal. What dcm doesn't want doesn't matter, she signed the contract and she needs to abide by it.
    Do not fret about the daycare, just get better and take care of you. Hope you have a speedy recovery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Secondtimearound...H ow are you feeling today? as for the family that signed your contract agreeing to the 5 personal days...I would seriously start advertising and replace when you find a suitable family. That is disrespectful to even be arguing the fact.

Hope you feel stronger soon. And when you do...seriously start considering advertising and replacing. I know I would be in a heartbeat!

Euphoric !
    Hope you feel better!! If I were you, I would take the days off and try not to this family make you feel bad or guilty about it. They have signed the contract and if they don't want to abide by it, they are free to leave. We all have choices and if they choose to stay than they are also choosing to follow your rules.

I don't like to take sick days either but pneumonia is serious and I would feel awful if I passed it on to the children regardless of who I got it from. Rest up and take it easy!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yes and it is contagious , which is why I finally did go ahead and cancel this week , I was only open the 2 days so all but the one family were more than understanding about it !!! I just realized though that the time off means the complaining family won't be here on their payday ( Wednesday ) do I remind her to drop it off or just wait until the following Monday ?!
    I have been open since September and never taken a day off until now so it's pretty pathetic they are making this an issue !!!!

Euphoric !
    I would just send her an email or text saying that you will be home resting and she can drop off her payment anytime during the day. do you have a mailbox she can leave it in? Nothing wrong with reminding them and I certainly wouldn't leave it until Monday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: