Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More CIO help.

Starting to feel at home...

More CIO help.

I know we talk about this a lot right now but I have question. I let him CIO, today was 50 min and still going just as strong as minute 1. I have to take him out of his pnp earlier than his Mom gets here so I can diaper change and get him ready for her. I fee like getting him up while he is still crying is counteractive. He's still crying and I'm rewarding him by taking him out. My question is "I don't know" lol I'm so confused with all the crying. Under normal circumstances he would stay there until 2:30 or 3 and I feel he would still be crying, 98% sure anyway. What do you ladies think? Should I ask Mom to pick up at 3:00 and hope he stops crying? If he doesn't then I'm stuck with him crying until she gets here. He's falling asleep within 10 min. and sleep for app. 30 min. I know he will be gone in a month if there's no improvement.

Oh boy, thanks for posting. Having the exact same problem over here! Week 3! Have tried switching rooms (the furthest away!); darkened room, white noise...he still only sleeps for 30 mins. then cries the rest. Of course, then sleeps 6pm to 6am at home for the parents. Kinda sad, really. I've asked them to shortened this out to help me but really doubt it's happening (he's super busy, first drop off, last pick-up). You might want to investigate his sleep schedule at home?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    Oh boy, thanks for posting. Having the exact same problem over here! Week 3! Have tried switching rooms (the furthest away!); darkened room, white noise...he still only sleeps for 30 mins. then cries the rest. Of course, then sleeps 6pm to 6am at home for the parents. Kinda sad, really. I've asked them to shortened this out to help me but really doubt it's happening (he's super busy, first drop off, last pick-up). You might want to investigate his sleep schedule at home?
    Oh my goodness, no wonder your crying it out strategy isn't working when parent's are putting this child to bed at 6. Bloody hell.....Why can't they at least keep him up till 7 or 7:30. Sometimes that little bit of extra time makes the world of difference. They musn't spend any time with this child...how do they manage to feed him, bathe him and put him to bed if he is last pick up???My Goodness!!

As for the Original poster's issue, how long have you been doing the CIO method?

Euphoric !
    I have one that is 2 the end of January and dad said he sleeps 6pm to 7am and mom says bedtime is 7pm to 7am....either way, too much night sleep IMO lol. He only naps a short while here and I have tried to let him CIO but the poor kid just isn't tired and it's not fair to him or the others. I have them all in the nap room right now (which is what I prefer) but I am going to put his playpen in the laundry room from now on I think. He sometimes sleeps the whole nap, sometimes cries, sometimes just wakes up and chats but it usually wakes the others. This way he can do what he want in his playpen but not disrupt the others.

Do you mean that mom is picking up before 3 some days? I'm not a huge fan of telling parents when they can come but if she is able to pick up at 3 than I would ask her and see what she says. Can you put him down to sleep earlier on the days she picks up early?

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you ladies for your input. I'll try and clear some things up for you. First of all "Dream" how did you ask the parent to change the sleep bedtime for you, I'm having this problem in a big way with another parent. FB is fine if you want. "Bright Sparks" he's here 3 days a week from 7:30 am till app. 2:30-2:45 Moms a teacher and picks up as soon as she's done. 1st week he was here 1 day, 2 week 2 days, 3rd week 3 days, 4 week 3 days, 5th week (this week) 4 days. We've been doing CIO the whole time. "5" I have another teacher who puts her daughter to bed between 5:30 and 6:00 so I here you when you say they aren't tired enough. Yes I am going to begin putting him down earlier. I want him to CIO longer and see if he falls back to sleep. Mom said she let him CIO for 2 hrs. once. It didn't sound like she lets him cry that long anymore. When I told her he cried for 45 min. when he woke up all she said was "really". Ummmm what does that mean. Anyway I hope that's the clincher. Thanks ladies.