Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disney Trip

Euphoric !

Disney Trip

We are going to Disney World in April. We are staying with my parents for 2 weeks and will drive to Disney for 2 days and spend 1 day at the park. Looking into everything it all seems kind of overwhelming and expensive. My husband figures we will spend $700 before even walking into the place (2 nights hotel plus 4 park passes). I am wondering if the whole thing is worth it and whether or not my girls might be too young to enjoy it all (3 and 5 yrs). I know reduced tickets are rare unless you can buy them from a cast member.

Thoughts?

Euphoric !
    We have the money saved...it just seems a little excessive

I think ages 3 and 5 will enjoy the park. I think age 5 is a really great age. If your 3 year old takes naps typically then it might be a long day for them but you can take a stroller or I am pretty sure you can rent one of the park strollers. My biggest issue next to the price is the long line ups which is enough for me not to take my kids back. They were 8 and 7 when we went and even they were bored with the waiting around. It's a lot of money for 1 day in the park and 2 nights accommodation, but you are paying the premium because it's a 1 day ticket. I personally liked Universal a lot more.

On a side note, a terrific place to take children under 7 is Sesame Place in PA. It is lots cheaper than Disney but an amazing place with no shortage of things to do. The whole park is made for children from the age of walking to age 7. Beyond age 7 it is still great but those older will not be able to go on everything...I just love that the little ones have been completely catered for. The water park at Sesame Place has been built with lots of thought too. Even 2 year olds can go on the rides as the slides for example have been designed in a way that upon exit, the child will not go under the water, and other slides have a double tube so parents can accompany the younger ones down it for reassurance. They have a parade there just like Disney and it's really big and interactive and there is meet and greet lunch and dinner options and photo ops all over the park. The characters are always walking around the park interacting with the children too...I know your current trip to Disney is already on the cards but for future reference if you want a great family experience, Sesame Place is amazing!!

Outgoing
    We're going to Disney in a few weeks, and doing all 4 parks (bought a five day pass because it was basically the same price. ) So now we can spend an extra day in magic kingdom if we want. my girls are 6 and 2. The two year old turns 3 in April, so everything she does at the park is free, including her specially prepared gf meals. We went when our oldest was 3.5, and she loved it! We only did 1 park because she was only 3, so she was fine without a stroller for the day. But we're renting a stroller this time because they'll get pretty tired with such a busy week. You can reserve fast pass ahead of time now, so that you won't miss whichever ride or experiences are most important to you. I found it really easy to find fast pass reservations for the times I wanted, I just had to be patient (or obsessive? Maybe that's a better word).
    It's totally worth it to us, but it can be expensive. Buy ponchos at a dollar store so you don't waste a bunch of cash at the park if there's any bad weather. We went in January last time, so I have no idea what to expect this time, weather wise.
    My girls are really into everything Disney, they must get that from their mom. Lol. So that probably helps in deciding it's worth it. It reallyis very magical. Disney does an excellent job with their parks.
    Last edited by superfun; 03-03-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Euphoric !
    My daughter just turned 3 in Jan. I was hoping to get her in as under 3 yrs old so she is free. Do they check passports at the gate? She is tall though and looks 4, heh heh but when she was 2 a month a go she looked the same.

Outgoing
    They don't check passports, as far as I remember. I don't know how they'll verify if she's 2 or 3. My 2 year old is the height of a 4 year old too! Now I'm wondering if they'll think I'm lying. If you remind me at the end of march, I'll tell you if they ask for proof of her age.

Starting to feel at home...
    I took my kids when they were 5 and 2, and again when they were 8 and 5, and both times it was great. Yes Disney is really expensive, and your kids won't remember very much, but you will. You will remember their faces when they meet their favorite character, or go on a thrilling ride, or try to eat a cookie bigger then their head (when my son was 5, we were getting a snack at Magic Kindom before heading back to the hotel for the night, my son wanted a cookie, this particular shop did not have cookies, but the manager heard my son, and said "one moment", got on his walkie talkie, and next thing we know Goofy delivers a giant cookie to my son for no charge! Everyone clapped, and it was really something I will remember forever!) we are planning to go back this Christmas (I know worst time, but really the only time) it is going to cost a ton, my kids are older (14 and 11) I cant wait to have new Disney memories with them at this age!
    Yes Disney is so expensive, but the memories you will have will be priceless (and for everything else there is Master card LMAO !)
    Have FUN!!!!!

Oh, and I thought CAA offered cheaper tickets to Disney but I am not positive?
    Last edited by MsBell; 03-03-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Euphoric !
    For your hotel, have a look at hotelscheap.org. I use that every time I need a room. I just booked one in San Juan for 2 weeks from now for far less than booking regularly. I think I got it at about 40% off regular prices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    We are going in October ~ a surprise for our girls (7 and 5)! They are going to FREAK OUT! lol Anyways, what we're doing is getting a 4 day pass to Disney and going one day to Universal. Instead of spending oodles of money on a hotel room, we are going to rent a home! Google "rental vacation homes orlando" and there are tons of places and some are much less expensive than a hotel! Plus, you have a laundry room and a kitchen, and I think all of them have access to a pool.

Outgoing
    Oh yes, I should have mentioned that too. We used vrbo.com both times.