Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay by cheque?

Outgoing

Pay by cheque?

I am so grateful for this site....we get to vent...Mother comes in today....throws a cheque on my front table and says "you have to fill in your name"..and then proceeds to leave...I'm like..."excuse me....I don't do cheques".. she says "oh really? Hubby said that you do"....REALLY? This family has been coming for almost 2 years now....They tried this once before and I was VERY CLEAR to them about this issue....There is something about this family I just can't put my finger on that bothers the hell out of me. About a month ago she comes to pick up her child and says to me "HOW MUCH DO WE PAY YOU"....WHAT DID YOU JUST ASK ME? I looked right at her and said "THE SAME AS YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING THE LAST 2 YEARS"...she says...."Why did I think it was 10.00 less than that?".....WTF....Th ese parents are ALWAYS trying to somehow nickel and dime in some way....GOD HELP ME...SERIOUSLY....Th eir child could NOT turn 4 fast enough for me.....Thanks a bunch for listening....going to check my lottery ticket now!

Euphoric !
    After 2 years you would think they'd have caught on by now lol.

Hope your weekend comes fast!!

Euphoric !
    If they can't remember how much they pay you then start upping your fees. Everytime they ask they pay you $20more. See if they catch on. If they do catch on they will possibly stop asking in hopes you give a lower number :-) If they don't, you get some extra cash!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    LOL lee bee!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Haha lee bee. I'd so do that. Haha

Expansive...
    I have a family who has been with me for 2 years too, who have been giving me a hard time lately. Like playing stupid sbout my sick child policy ( must be symptom free for 24 hours before they can return to care, yet they show up at my door and say she threw up the night before). Both times it turned out dcg was fine, but I felt disrespected nonetheless.

Now it's paying late. There's been a few times this winter where either I was closed or dcg was sick on payday. Did I get paid those days? Nope! Even though they live around the block.

DCG peed on my couch the other day. Did I get an apology? Nope!

AND lately they have been making passive aggressive comments sbout DCG napping. Walking in telling DCG "so don't nap today ok? Don't fall asleep! Play with your toys that are in your backpack!". Seriously? It irks me because I agreed to let DCG come up and watch TV after one hour of rest, but they are making it clear through indirect comments that is isn't good enough and I know they are hoping I will scratch the whole rest time altogether soon. Which isn't going to happen.

I can't quite put my finger on why they are behaving like this. I feel like maybe they have been here so long that they feel a little too comfortsblr? Or maybe since DCG is going to school this fall they are saying f*ck it lets ride our provider hard???? LOL I don't know!

Either way I am closing soon enough and don't feel like "getting into it" with them. But frig...

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    AND lately they have been making passive aggressive comments sbout DCG napping. Walking in telling DCG "so don't nap today ok? Don't fall asleep! Play with your toys that are in your backpack!". Seriously? It irks me because I agreed to let DCG come up and watch TV after one hour of rest, but they are making it clear through indirect comments that is isn't good enough and I know they are hoping I will scratch the whole rest time altogether soon. Which isn't going to happen.
    I once had a parent get mad at her 4yo in front of me because she had a nap on the couch. I felt so bad for her, but what can you do? Sometimes I think parents need to come to daycare to learn to get along with others.

Then... on days like today, when DCM comes at noon and pays me even though her child is absent today. You could knock me over with a feather. When DCG didn't show up in the morning, I just expected I would have to wait until Monday. So, go figure. And yes, I did thank her for coming.