Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gift etiquette?

Gift etiquette?

I'm always torn come gift time....I am blessed with very generous daycare families. Do you open your presents in front of them or wait?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

I front of them they put thought into the gift and want to see your reaction...especiall y the kids

Euphoric !
    My daycare parent tend to give Christmas gift and Mothers Day gift. I tend keep quiet about my birthday. I not open Christmas gift in front of them because I wonder if might cause issue at home if child want to open gift before Christmas Day. I do open Mothers Day gift so I can thank child at time in person.

Euphoric !
    I always wait until after to open. I am emotional so don't want to cry. I always thank them after the fact.

Outgoing
    This is a good question! I have done both I think. I usually wait, unless the child is really excited for me to open it.

Outgoing
    I ALWAYS wait....and I am glad I choose this way...I certainly wouldn't have wanted the parent to see the look on my face when I opened the USED tube of self sun tanning lotion they gave me for Christmas! I was grateful for the thought (I guess?) I mean...a lot of thought went into it..right?.. but left me with no option except to throw it in the trash....so ya...never opened a gift in front of the parent...and will remain that way....

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    I ALWAYS wait....and I am glad I choose this way...I certainly wouldn't have wanted the parent to see the look on my face when I opened the USED tube of self sun tanning lotion they gave me for Christmas! I was grateful for the thought (I guess?) I mean...a lot of thought went into it..right?.. but left me with no option except to throw it in the trash....so ya...never opened a gift in front of the parent...and will remain that way....
    Haha I remember this. I think I would have wanted to open it in front of them so they would have to face the consequences of this kind of thoughtless move. I wonder if they were high?!?! lolol

Euphoric !
    I have done both as well. I am terrible gift receiver...I feel like I need to make a big show of it but than it probably comes across as fake....or I feel like I don't react enough lol. It's awkward for me

I can sometimes tell if they want me to open it than so I do but now I usually just say thank you and say I'll open at xx time and than make sure to thank them again once I know what it is.

Expansive...
    One parent told me she will bring a gift for me tomorrow as it's the child's last day and I will open it in front of her as she seemed excited to tell me about it ........I hope I like it or can fake it LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post: