Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Pay by enrollment - ill child

I've recently switched my services to Pay by Enrollment as opposed to Pay per Day Used. I was finding that is the norm in my area as well, the family tends to remove one of the children from my care for a week at a time over the summer in order to save on costs. I'm technically a dayhome but only work with one family in order to maximize my time with my own child. So now, one of the children has been removed from my care for the week as the child was just diagnosed with a common medical condition and the parents would like to keep the child home for the first week for monitoring. Totally fair and I'd do the same. Question is, should I be charging for the child's care for this week as we are now Pay by Enrollment? Keep in mind, I've already cut the family a HUGE leeway in transitioning to this new fee setup.

Euphoric !
    Does "Pay by Enrollment" mean they pay for days reserved for their child, regardless of attendance?

If it same, then they pay!

Child is sick, they pay. Child is on vacation, they pay. They pay for space not attendence.

I charge days reserved for child regardless of attendance. Otherwise, when grandparents roll into town for Christmas vacation, ALL my day care children would be home and that means no income for me. If child sick, they pay. If child on vacation, they pay. They pay if my policy exclude them for being sick. They pay if little bit ill and parent want to keep home. It fine for parent to decide child needs week at home - it not fine for you to have financial hit on their decision.

You cut family leeway already so why you now hesitating? If you not going to enforce the change you made, what was point of bothering to change it?
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 07-27-2015 at 06:17 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If you had other children in care I might have said given the circumstances charge them half price - I did that when a child was in hospital with pneumonia for a week and the parents were more than ok with it expecting to have had to pay for the week but I felt guilty. However since you are also devoting your time to just this family then they are getting perks that go beyond pay and for that privilege they need to pay.